[etni] Fw: re: Accomodations

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 07:38:37 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Nira Artzy - arnira@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Accomodations

According to Judy Steiner, such a student will not be able to have a neutral
examiner in the summer, nor will he have 2 tapes. She recommends we request
for an oral exam for these students. However, a positive answer isn't
guaranteed and an oral exam is shorter and each answer is worth many points,
which might make it unsuitable for your student.

Nira

Jennifer wrote:
>One of my students has accomodations whereby all those matriculation exams
which are very verbal, such as history and literature, can be examined
orally, with the examiner writing down the student's words.  In English he
has the same accomodation.  However, I understood, from previous postings,
that this was no longer an option, but that the student had to be equipped
with two tape recorders.
>This student's school teacher has been testing him orally and writing down
his answers.  I have been doing the same with him, and this method
definitely reflects his rich knowledge of the English language. When what he
has dictated is read back to him, mistakes and all, he is almost invariably
able to correct himself.

** Etni homepage - www.etni.org **