[etni] Fw: re: Accomodations

  • From: "Ask" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:21:39 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Nira Artzy - arnira@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Accomodations

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. There used to be an accommodation  for an LD
student who needed someone to read him the exam (any teacher in school who
wasn't his own teacher). This teacher did not need a special approval from
the local inspector and was not paid for it. In addition the student taped
his answers and the tape was sent with the booklet.

This accommodation has been cancelled for 2008 Summer Bagrut. There will not
be a neutral examiner in English, nor will there be the option of using 2
tapes. When I asked Judy about the options for these students she suggested
asking for an oral exam.

The oral exam has NOT been cancelled. I suggest you read the details about
Accommodations Level 3 in the document on www.anglit.net . To summarize: the
oral exam is shorter than the regular exam, it takes only 30 minutes, the
examiner calculates the grade. The examiner must be approved by the
inspector and gets paid for it.

Nira

** Etni homepage - www.etni.org **