[etni] Fw: gmulim

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 07:26:17 +0200

From: "Micki Zaritsky" <mickiz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: gmulim

Continuing with what Maxine and Adela wrote,

The two classes that I invest the most time, effort, and money (not to
mention sleepless nights) are a 9th grade native speakers class and a 10th
grade [VERY] low-level class.

There are no ready-to-use books for these classes. I depend a lot on my own
creativity and the help of colleagues working with similar classes.

Neither of these classes give me ANY gmul.
The one 12th grade class which does give me a gmul, costs me time (to mark
papers) but, there is minimal effort involved with preparing the lessons.
(Hmmm, which past-bagrut unseen should I give them today...)

I think the argument should be not just about gmulim, but in general - how
can we be compensated for the work all the extra work that we do.

Micki