[etni] ETAI Newsletter 30 - May, 2010

  • From: "David R. Herz" <drh16@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 03:08:08 +0300

Mr. Richards, as to ETAI's remit, I suggest we reference our constitution
and by-laws.  Please feel free to ask the powers that be for a copy of them,
and if you get them, send a copy along to me.  My last request seems to have
been ignored.

Ms. Ben, I really don't care who has the tools and mandate, I care about who
will get the job done.  In my experience, the folks running ETAI have given,
at best, a luke-warm reception, to those who would like to discuss such
issues, while they have warmly embraced Inspector Steiner on multiple
occasions. When so much of ministry policy is pedagogically unsound, I don't
see why anything should be off the table.

If teachers are interested in doing something that the current by-laws do
not permit, then let us have a conversation about changing the by-laws
instead of just telling us no, especially when some of us feel that the "no"
comes from special relationships that we would rather our organization not
have.

From: Michele Ben <mggben@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 11:41:15 +0300

Subject: [etni] Re: ETAI Newsletter 30 - May, 2010

Although these issues are related to teacher development and support, the

organizations that have the tools and mandate to deal with the ministry

about these issues are the teachers' unions - histadrut hamorim and irgun

hamorim.

Michele

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Graham Richards
<grichards03@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I was surprised to read in the ETAI Newsletter that there is no room

> in ETAI conferences for a discussion of issues such as Ministry policy

> and programs, or teacher conditions and pay. Aren't these issues also

> related to teacher professional development and support?

> Does anybody else find this strange?

> Graham

** The ETNI Rag **
http://www.etni.org/etnirag/