[etni] Re: Censorship on ETNI

  • From: "Gary Zone" <gary_zone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ybmedad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, drjamesbacker@xxxxxxxxx,etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:17:25 +0000

Interesting (what you write below). In Toronto we went till 3:30.
English Lit and English Comp were two different subjects and were examined
separately. In Grade 13 (which no longer exists in Ontario) I took both
Chemistry and Physics. I took Latin and French as foreign languages and one
year I took German as well. Phys Ed was not emphasized like in America and
we had two classes per week. I took Analytical Geometry and Trigonometry as
separate subjects in the same year. Back then Ontario had province-wide
Grade 13 exams so everyone was tested with the same exam on the same day.
Entrance exams for university were not required since there was a uniform
testing procedure across the province for Gr. 13 finals.
Ahhhhh, nostalgia. Where can you find Latin taught today in N. America?
BTW, I spent the last half of Gr.12 in Los Angeles in 1959. Talk about a
breeze after high school in Canada. I could almost sleepwalk through school
and get top marks. I almost lost my year when we returned to Toronto but my
excellent marks throughout high school in Toronto was my saving grace and I
was allowed into Gr. 13.
Gary/Gershon
Calgary, Canada