Re: Using emelfm2 - questions, thanks.

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 10:34:13 +1000

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:31:22 -0500
Adam Krolnik <adam.krolnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. In trying to move from xterm to emelfm2, I am trying to port my
> alises over.
>    I noticed that there is no way to set additional environment
> variables or shell variables.
>
>    Has there been any thought to supporting 'setenv ...'  and set ...  ?
I can't think of any reason why setenv and set would not work, now.

An emelFM2 internal variable can be stored by a command of the form
'NAME=VALUE', retrieved by '$NAME', and cleared by 'NAME='. A command '=VALUE'
will list the name of any variable with that value, and just '=' will list all
internal variables with their values.

> 2. Is there a way to select a command from the command history and
> insert it into the command
>    pane ?
<Up> or <Down> keypress.
BTW, as of the recent pre-release, <Ctrl><Down> pops up a menu of the commands
history, the same as when the combobox button is clicked.

> I'd like to make a hot key to repeat the last typed command.
Need 2 actual keypresses - <Down> then <Enter>