Re: Using emelfm2 - questions, thanks.

  • From: Adam Krolnik <adam.krolnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:10:11 -0500

Right now, setenv and set don't execute as they are not shell command, but builtins.

>setenv ASE /user/
Failed to execute child process "setenv" (No such file or directory).

The variables can be set in emelfm2, but not read back.

>echo $name  (25964)
$name
>echo $name (25964) returned '0'

adam=5name=tr

Lastly, is there a way to bind <Down> and <Enter> to a Key, using the 'key bindings' configuration editor in emelfm2? I tried command.down, command.<Down>, <Down>, down, etc.

tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:31:22 -0500
Adam Krolnik <adam.krolnik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1. In trying to move from xterm to emelfm2, I am trying to port my alises over. I noticed that there is no way to set additional environment variables or shell variables.

   Has there been any thought to supporting 'setenv ...'  and set ...  ?
I can't think of any reason why setenv and set would not work, now.

An emelFM2 internal variable can be stored by a command of the form
'NAME=VALUE', retrieved by '$NAME', and cleared by 'NAME='. A command '=VALUE'
will list the name of any variable with that value, and just '=' will list all
internal variables with their values.

2. Is there a way to select a command from the command history and insert it into the command
   pane ?
<Up> or <Down> keypress.
BTW, as of the recent pre-release, <Ctrl><Down> pops up a menu of the commands
history, the same as when the combobox button is clicked.

I'd like to make a hot key to repeat the last typed command.
Need 2 actual keypresses - <Down> then <Enter>

   Soli Deo Gloria
   Adam Krolnik
   Director of Design Verification
   VeriSilicon Inc.
   Plano TX. 75074
   Co-author "Assertion-Based Design", "Creating Assertion-Based IP"