[elky] Re: Truck Discussion

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 20:04:15 -0600

I'll take a Ford over a Chrysler truck any day. Lots of them around and I ride in and drive them often. However the current diesels have much worse mileage due to the emission components and they haven't figured out how to get the power and mileage back up yet. As for the gas ones usually the 5.4 and it's a very respectable engine. The V10 is a gas guzzler like no other. They are extremely rare down here as most everyone gets a diesel.

A friend of mine has an 07 (IIRC) 4wd crew cab that is just about to hit 200K. Still looks great overall considering he is hard on everything(bull in china shop). Only things done to it were one hub bearing and one window motor. Still has the original belt and hoses. And just regular oil changes. I drive it every so often and it still drives like a new truck.

Here in TX most everyone has a truck but me... And I have to say that overall the Fords do hold up better than the GM trucks and the interior holds up allot better in the heat here as well. As much as I was against Ford in the past. I would own a Ford truck. There would be some hesitancy at purchase but I'd have no problem with it functionality wise. Actually I'd like a nice 7.3L diesel truck as I can easily make my own biodiesel for around .50 to a dollar a gallon. Have thought about that if Geri and I get the house where she wants to live. Has a decent insulated shop that's 2 years old. Course I'm looking for a job as things are coming to a standstill. And little available.. Hence selling the 8.5 rear and other stuff. Enough rambling...

                  Robert Adams

What about a Ford Super Duty? (F250/F350)  5.4L V8 or 6.8L V10?  The
Fords have the best crash test ratings.