[elky] Re: Sputter

  • From: Robert Adams <ladams21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 14:05:19 -0500

O2 is working, which is good, but something is still not right.  It
runs nicely up to 3000, then sputters and pops and bangs through the
exhaust.  Trying Megasquirt 2 Extra was a bust, all the sensor
readings were way off.  I got tired of fighting it so I went back to
the standard MS2 code.

Ok if everything is fine now except for the 3000 thing then I would be looking at the feed off the pickup coil. Hook up an oscilloscope to the pickup coil and see how the wave form looks and see if it starts breaking up at 3K.

I'm probably going to leave it for a while, it will work fine as a
second vehicle.  I have messaged the company that built the Megasquirt
to see what they charge to tune... but unless it's really cheap I'll
probably wait until the Chevelle is shipped out for paint.

I've been sand blasting the underside of the Chevelle body and priming
as I go.  I've done the firewall and I'm about 2 feet into the
underside... long way to go.  The good news is I've pretty much got
the sand blaster figured out, I can clear a clog in a minute whereas
it took much longer in the beginning.

        OOh fun...  What are you using for primer?

The GFs daughter thinks I'm giving her the elky when she can drive. Not going to happen. It's not a car for a new driver to drive, way too much car in every respect. Now maybe I could find one for her and leave it bone stock and make it look decent. Maybe.... Dunnow if I'm ready to do another car anytime soon.