[elky] Re: Oil Pan R&R

  • From: Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 16:17:49 -0800

76 Sprint's engine had to come out and it was on a stand.
On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I'll start with the question: On a G-body El Camino like my '80, how
    hard is it to remove the oil pan?  I have an engine hoist.

Well dunnow.. I need to change my oil pump too and pickup as well as pan.. My pan has a dent where the pickup is and I think the pickup has fallen some and is sucking towards the pan. Pressure is fine cold it's just hot idle it's low. Probably a crappy stock pump...

    (I know my '80 is technically an A-body, maybe I should say "metric
    chassis".)