[elky] Re: OT: water heater

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:59:21 -0600

Definitely.

In my current house, it's on a platform in the attic close to the attic stairs, which are in the garage. It will be relatively easy to change when the time comes.

We're replaced more heaters due to sediment than to actually breaking down. Anyone notice how much heavier an old heater is than the new one? It's not all due to construction differences.

On Jan 12, 2010, at 10:55 AM, Mary McCarthy wrote:

When these things are initally installed it should be obvious that at some point you are going to have to change it, so it should be put where its easily accessible.

They are hard to change when they're in the attic in a second-story house. ;-)