[elky] Re: Headlights

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 15:36:35 -0500

Do a Google search for 970K6 then click on the shopping tab at the
top.  I see Amazon has an Armormark belt for $6.48.  970K6 means the
belt is 97.0 inches and is a 6 rib belt.  A little clicking around I
find that 6PK2465, 5060970, 4060970, K060970, and TF060970 are cross
reference numbers for a 970K6 (same dimensions, but possibly different
designs, for example the 5060970 is a "Poly Cog" belt).

Yes the water pump still turns in reverse, if the back side of the
belt turns the accessory it turns the opposite direction.  The water
pump has a smooth, non ribbed pulley.  I bought an aluminum pump but
I'm not sure it was worth the hassle, I had to grind on the casting to
clear the brackets.  I've read good reports about Stewart water pumps.
 That said I'd try a reman or new stock pump before I considered an
upgrade.  If your cooling system works fine now it should work fine
after the swap.  I think the radiator efficiency is more important
than water pump flow.