[elky] Re: Headlights

  • From: Jared Ryan <jryan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 23:26:21 -0600

You either need an idler pulley or a shorter belt.  I prefer the idler because
it makes it easier to ask for a replacement at a parts store (just ask for
'88-'92 Camaro V-8).  You do need a fan with the blades pitched the opposite
direction.  I was lucky and grabbed the fan and clutch from a '90s V-6 pickup
with no front sheet metal in the salvage yard.  That gave me a fan the same
size as the original one on the El Camino but pitched for the opposite
direction of rotation.