[elky] Re: Happy Thanksgiving - Screw loose

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 21:03:10 -0600

I'll have Cindy write to the list. Thanks All.

I seem to be coming down with a bit of a cold. Not severe, just the
beginning. But they will not do the operation if I have a cold. So I'll
have to see how I feel tomorrow. I have to get blood type done for the
surgery Saturday, and get the wrist band. The Surgery is Monday morning.

Pray for good health. I want to get this over with (so I can sleep again).
Just no comfortable position now.

JC

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM, Mary McCarthy <printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  yeah.  worry worry. Let us know when your okay.
>
> Mary
>
>  *Fer sher, we'll all be pulling for ya.*
> **
> *Dan*
> **
>

>  ------------------------------
> From: johncgg@xxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 15:03:00 -0600
> Subject: [elky] Happy Thanksgiving - Screw loose
> To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Happy Thanksgiving to all! We have a lot to be thankful for. Cindy and
> Nate are doing great, and as I say *every day*..... Just waking up this
> side of the ground is a good start!
>
> As you all may know, last February I underwent surgery and had some spinal
> fusion. This included a plate, 2 synthetic discs, and 6 screws in my neck.
> I have been having some pain in the last 4 or 5 weeks that is different.
> After a CT scan, and an MRI in the last week, the doc has determined I
> officially have a screw loose, and they have to go back in to replace it
> with a different one. It doesn't happen often, but it has happened to me.
> So fire away at the jokes on having a screw loose..... not something that
> we didn't already know, or I wouldn't be on THIS list!
>
> I will be having surgery Monday, and the recovery time will be about a
> week away from work and other activities. At least it will be minimal
> compared to the last round. Everything else looks good and they don't need
> any other work to correct things.
>
> Thank you for your prayers in advance (I am counting on them),
> JC
>
> ---
> John Christensen
> 1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI