[elky] Re: Drag Racing Report

  • From: Chris Lindh <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:35:36 -0400

I reinstalled the factory driveshaft "strap" that comes on G-bodies just
before I left town.  I figured it would be better than nothing.  I had to
flatten it to clear the driver's side exhaust pipe.  I have tried but can't
get a hold of the guy you bought your driveshaft loop from, I want the 3"
setback model in case I go to a T56.

The 8.5" is open and has 3.42 gears.  Since my trans is not overdrive 70 MPH
would go from 2500 RPM to 3100... more gear is good for drag racing...

I guess it was a good night of racing, I got a lot of runs in and didn't
scatter parts...

Thanks!