[elky] Re: Drag Racing Report

  • From: "CTSVMONGO" <ctsvmongo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 20:18:13 -0500

2 other problems ive had were fuel pressure and fuel volume.  A good friend
went to dual carb high rise set up on his 64, the fuel pressure was there,
but after trying for the longest time, we were told to replace the fuel line
with something a little larger, and with the size of fuel pump he had it was
suggested to go with the stainless I think because it wouldn't swell or
deflate(im not sure how much that was true) but it worked.

Dads 68 we had a heck of a time with his single carb set up, turned out his
fuel filter regulator was not working correctly- though the gauge we had
connected to it was- probably different stories but I guess the idea is that
ive learned to look else where too.

Like Ray and Roberts help with my elky- had everyone I knew helping me with
it, and as it turned out it was the distributer hold down- wasn't holding it
down.

Thanks!