[elky] Re: Autotrader Scam

  • From: Chris Lindh <chrislindh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 13:51:05 -0400

Back to the scammer, his response to me viewing the truck:

"Hello,
My only option atm is to send you the car to test and inspect for 5
days with no problem ( i will pay for the shipping fees ) .I am
selling the vehicle to pay a mortgage at home, this is one of the two
vehicles that I own and I've decided that one must go. I'm trying to
give you a good deal on it. I am sorry to let it go, but my financial
problems require me to cut my expenses. I am a soldier in the US Army
and I am currently deployed in Australia. I can reply to your e-mails
promptly but I wont be able to call you only at certain times, because
my duty here involves computer usage most of the time.
In case you don't want it after the tests and inspection ( which I'm
sure will not happen because is a gorgeous car ) you will have to send
it back ( also on my expense ). So please e-mail me your full name,
address and phone number so I can contact the shipping company and
make arrangements.
Kind regards,
Steven"

The fact that he claims he's a soldier is REALLY aggravating.