Re: [ee_shoppahs] Andy Grove on outsourcing jobs

  • From: <jheaven@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ee_shoppahs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 20:55:12 -0400

Interesting article although I wonder if the reason for it is that
Andy realizes the same forces that have been eating everybody elses
lunch are going after his too. Has Intel not benefited from offshored
labor?  The data under paragraph "The 10X Factor" is disappointing
for the most of the US but probably not possible without a lot of US
corporate help.  Andys remark that US manufacturing is undervalued is
obvious;  the real question is why that is happening.  The answer is
probably in our economic policy; there is no incentive to manufacture
in the US now except patriotism.  Some theorize this will all end in a
US dollar devaluation.  While this may be beyond the scope of this BB,
most contractors have prided themselves in understanding their market
better than most everyone else and profited from it.  Things are different
now and it is dangerous to think that things will come back because they
always did before(although I am  hoping they will).  So let the ideas flow.

John Heaven

for those with time: "Bad Samaritans" (H J Chang)