[ee_shoppahs] Andy Grove on outsourcing jobs

  • From: J Fields <j.email.fields@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ee_shoppahs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 20:19:17 -0700

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_28/b4186048358596_page_4.htm

"The first task is to rebuild our industrial commons. We should
develop a system of financial incentives: Levy an extra tax on the
product of offshored labor. (If the result is a trade war, treat it
like other wars—fight to win.) Keep that money separate. Deposit it in
the coffers of what we might call the Scaling Bank of the U.S. and
make these sums available to companies that will scale their American
operations. "

Kind of a long winded article, but says we need companies in
USA.   We tax US labor with income tax, property tax, etc.
Goods manufactured outside USA, get not US income tax, property tax
on the manufacturing plant, etc.