[edi581] bio

  • From: "Rachael Payne" <RPayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 09:22:16 -0500

Hello!  My name is Rachael Payne and I am a student in the Thursday
night class of technology in the classroom.  I am originally from
Jamestown, NY and attended Keuka College for my undergrad degree in
Elementary and Special Education and American Sign Language.  This is my
second year teaching 4th and 5th grade Special Education at Palmyra
Elementary School.  I love my colleagues and my kidos!

As well as teaching, I am in involved in many other things.  I serve on
the advisory board for Keuka.  I am also involved in NAC, a theater
group in Wayne, NY.  We just finished the production of Hello Dolly! and
are anticipating beginning practice for next year's show.  I am the
oldest in my family, so I enjoy spending time with my younger siblings,
and my beautiful niece.  I have two brothers and a sister.  My brother
and his wife reside in Hornell, NY with their 8 month old daughter,
Julia Rose.  My other brother is in the military and has recently
returned to Jamestown after being on active duty.  My little sister
still lives at home and works as a home-health aid for mentally retarded
adults.

This is my fourth class for my master's.  Previously, I have taken
Teaching Science in the El. Classroom, Teaching the Gifted, and am
currently taking Classroom Management.  When I finish my master's I plan
on taking a few years off, then I would like to go on to obtain my
doctorate.  This is the plan for now at least! :)

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx