[edi581] Biography

  • From: "BALLERSTEIN, LISA" <LBALLERSTEIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:39:37 -0400

Hi everyone!  My name is Lisa Ballerstein.  This is my first grad class
which I'm taking as a non-matriculated student.  I'm still not exactly sure
what masters program I want to apply to, but I figure I should at least get
started and take a class.
        In May of 2000, I graduated from SUNY Geneseo with a degree in
special and elementary education.  I was lucky enough to get a job right out
of college in the Hilton District.  This is where I'm currently working as a
special education teacher.  Last year I worked with students in grades 2, 5,
and 6.  I did mostly pull-out for language arts and math.  This year I'm
working with students in grades 3 and 6.  My role has changed from a
pull-out teacher to a support teacher within the regular classroom.  This
job has really taught me to be flexible and go with the flow.
        I grew up in the town of Greece, living with my parents and sister.
Recently I moved into an apartment in the city, where I live with one of my
best friends. I love spending time with my family and friends and enjoy
traveling.
        See you all in class!