[edi581] Biography

  • From: "CUDZILO, STEVE" <SCUDZILO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 16:12:57 -0400

        Hi everyone, my name is Steve Cudzilo.  I am 25 years old and I live
with my lovely wife and two cats in Holley.  I am originally from Rochester,
where I lived with my parents until I moved out the "sticks".  I graduated
from SUNY Brockport with a degree in Earth Science and a minor in Biology.
I student taught at Edison Tech in the fall of 1998.  Over the X-mas break
that year, I saw an ad in teh paper for an earth science teacher in Penfield
that started after the break.  So I applied, interviewd and was offered the
job within 2 days!  I was very lucky.  I taught there for 2 years and then
moved out to Holley because my wife has a horse and we needed some land for
it to do horse things.  Due to the long drive, I left Penfield for Hilton
where I teach accelerated earth science to 8th graders at Merton Williams
Middle School.  I will also coach the boys varsity swim team and the middle
school science olympiad team.
        A couple of interesting things about me are that my grandfather was
at Pearl Harbor and I met my wife in teh Bahamas.   My grandfather said he
"could see the whites of the eyes of the pilots trying to kill him".  Pretty
scary for a 20 year old kid!  He's told my family lots of stories, but when
I press him, he tells me that many of the stories are not suitable to tell.
He says he fought the war so none of his kids would ever have to witness the
inhumanities."  It's ironic how many of us are now with the WTC.  He thinks
the world trade center was worse than Pearl Harbor, because at least we knew
something may happen.
        As for meeting my wife, I took my last biology class in the bahamas
on the island of San Salvador (where Columbus landed).
My wife also took the same class and so we met on that very island.  We
later learned that we lived in the same neighborhood as kids, we played in
the same little league and we both went to Brockport, yet we had never met.
We were married in July, 2000.
        So that is a brief history of me.  Thanks for your time and enjoy
class tomorrow.  I wish I was there, but I'll be meeting with the parents of
my little devils instead!