[ecidadania-dev] Re: Current status and search of new features

  • From: Oscar Carballal Prego <oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ecidadania-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 13:24:49 +0200

>> There can be a facility for users to have a chat between them (one-one
> or a
>> group chat).

Regarding that, I've found django-userena [1], it's a complete solution
for
user management, with user messaging incorporated.

The point of telling this is that the current userprofile module we are
using in e-cidadania (django-profile [2]) is very
old (it haven't been developed since 2010 and has some inconsistencies
that will give problems at any time) and django-userena guarantees
the code is up to date.

I think it would be an advantage for us to replace the current userprofile
module with this, what do you think? (hey, I know lot's of people are
signed to this mailing list, don't hide, participate! :)

Pros:
 - Up-to-date code
 - Embedded messaging system
 - Can be exandable with a Profile model, just like django-profile
 - Gravatar support

Cons:
 - Recreate all the templates and structure

[1] http://www.django-userena.org/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/django-profile

--
Móbil: (34) 620-734766 | oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx