[ebooktalk] Re: RECENTLY READ

  • From: "Elaine Harris \(Rivendell\)" <elaineharris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:10:17 +1000

Clare, perhaps it is the equivalent of people boring family to death by
poring over holiday photos or, more recently, showing holiday videos.
I think, though am not sure, that the Palin books followed the making of
each series so could only be as interesting, or not, as the telly version.
"Around the World in Eighty Days" was also limited by the original book.

I gave up watching them after "Pole to Pole" though saw snippets of him in
Tibet.

My reading of late has been fairly old-fashioned and full of times past but
more later when I have finished convalescing from a boring tummy-bug kindly
passed on by Himself; at least it meant I could read guilt-free.

Elaine