[duxuser] jaws 10 and duxbury

  • From: "Foxworth,Ann" <Ann.Foxworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:11:32 -0500

I have noticed that working in a new Duxbury document, into which I wrote some
names and phone numbers, JAWS would stop reading the text and just report blank
lines. I maximized the screen, set the view to full page, refreshed the screen,
all to no avail. Next, I pasted from Duxbury into an email message, this same
document's text, and JAWS behaved in the same manner. If I arrowed down through
line by line, JAWS would start announcing blank lines. If I went to the end of
the text then arrowed up, some of the text was there again, but not in a
consistent way. It was very weird.

ANN FOXWORTH, BRAILLE CONSULTANT
MAIL CODE: 6804
DARS DIVISION FOR BLIND SERVICES