[duxuser] Re: Language-Learning Question

  • From: "Sarah Blake" <sjblake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:56:41 -0400

You can configure JWS to display the alphabet on a braille display using the
Unicode characters and, depending on the accessibility of sites you might be
able to use online sites for language learning. Accessibility varies widely.
Often sites use PDF files to present materials and these may or may not be
readable.

Sarah J. Blake
sjblake@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.growingstrong.org

You will seek meand find me when you seek me with all your heart. (Jer. 29:13)

>>> "Steve Britt" <swimmer953@xxxxxxxxxxx> 08/15/09 12:33 AM >>>

Hi, folks.
If I wanted to learn a language that has a braille alphabet that isn't
offered through Hadley School for the Blind, like for example, Tagallog,
Russian, Gaelic, Chinese, or Japanese, does anyone know what online services
are available that would make learning that language possible?