[duxuser] Re: dux/.sct file

  • From: Kimaone@xxxxxxx
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:59:26 EST

George,

I don't want to open an ".sct" file. I just want to open a duxbury file on
the memory stick and it comes up "unable to open .sct file".   I just store my
document that I want to translate on a memory stick instead of a floppy disk.
My laptop doesn't have a floppy storage spot.

 Let me explain this again.  I have some "down time" at work when I  choose
to do some of my braille translation.  So I type in a book or a ditto or
something on my laptop in Duxbury Win.  I save it on a memory sick in my
laptop.
After shutting down the memory stick properly  I take it out and when I have a
chance I take it to the PC in a different location and  insert my memory stick
in my card reader on my PC and open Dux Win. I go to "file" and "open" and go
to the memory stick.   I click on the duxbury file on my memory stick that I
want to translate.  It comes up in a print copy of Dux Win but when I go to
translate it so I can emboss it the screen reads something like "unable to
recognize .sct file".  So I just copy/paste the document on a "new" duxbury
file and
translate it and it does translate and then embosses it beautifully.  I was
just puzzled as to what a .sct file was and I am still puzzled as to why my Dux
Win program  won't translate from a memory stick.  It will work right off of
a floppy or a CD Rom but not a memory stick.

But no,  I won't try to open an .sct file.  It sounds like it is something
way beyond me.  I will leave that to you and your colleagues in the tech
department.

I hope this helps.

Theresa