[duxuser] Re: Using Duxbury with odd-sized pages

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:49:29 -1000

Anthony,
You can change the number of lines and characters per page to achieve your goal. I'm not at my usual computer at the moment, so I can't give yu the numbers we use, but
we emboss on 5 by 8 paper from time-to-time.
You may need to do a bit of experimenting.
Betsy

At 11:32 AM 8/19/2008, you wrote:
Hi there,

I may have a need to print many copies of a document on an odd-sized page (likely 8" x 5"), on perforated pages such as those available here (<http://www.braillepaper.com/continuous.php>http://www.braillepaper.com/continuous.php).

The question is, can Duxbury deal with this? I am using DBT 10.6, and the Embosser Setup dialog does not appear to have any degree of flexibility in its paper size options (offering only standard "narrow" and "wide" paper formats), and certainly no way to adjust the length.

Will this matter, i.e. if one sets the lines-per-page setting appropriately, will the "form size" chosen make any difference?

Take care,
Anthony