[duxuser] Re: Question about PDF files

  • From: "Mayfield, Bambi" <MayfieldBa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 07:32:41 -0700

OmniPage works quite well with most pdf files depending on the quality of the
pdf when you begin. I believe this will be true of any OCR software. I use
OmniPage 16 here at Butte.
I believe having Adobe Acrobat Pro is essential for alt media production. It
allows you to work with pdf documents of most types.
If you get a locked pdf, always request the unlock code from the person who
sent or request an unlocked file. Most are more than happy to oblige once you
have explained the need for accessibility.