[duxuser] Re: Help needed please?

  • From: Zachariah Cameron <ability@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:07:42 -0400

I would certainly say to correct the 27 - 42 and see what happens.
Many systems behave oddly if asked to do the impossible. I don't know the setup well enough to say more. If all you get is a more intelligent error message you will be one step forward.

zachariah
http://www.yorku.ca/ability

Nicky Roos wrote:
A friend who is not on the list asked me to post the following question. He
uses DBT 10.5. He recently switched from Word 2003 to Word 2007. And he also
changed computers. He forgot to deactivate DBT and got unspecified help from
Duxbury Systems.

He has never again been able to print. The first error message he says he
got was "unknown error", whereafter he switched back to Word 2003 and got an
error message which he has rendered as "write a file failed", and now he
gets no error message at all, but his computer crashes when he attempts to
emboss a file.

He has a Romeo RB 20 installed.

As I am translating his message I notice that his embosser settings are for
27 lines and 42 spaces which I suspect are not right but should be 40 spaces
and 25 lines, but could this have made such a big difference to his ability
to emboss?
Kind regards

Nicky Roos

--