[duxuser] Help needed please?

  • From: "Nicky Roos" <nicky.roos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:04:23 +0200

A friend who is not on the list asked me to post the following question. He
uses DBT 10.5. He recently switched from Word 2003 to Word 2007. And he also
changed computers. He forgot to deactivate DBT and got unspecified help from
Duxbury Systems.

He has never again been able to print. The first error message he says he
got was "unknown error", whereafter he switched back to Word 2003 and got an
error message which he has rendered as "write a file failed", and now he
gets no error message at all, but his computer crashes when he attempts to
emboss a file.

He has a Romeo RB 20 installed.

As I am translating his message I notice that his embosser settings are for
27 lines and 42 spaces which I suspect are not right but should be 40 spaces
and 25 lines, but could this have made such a big difference to his ability
to emboss?
Kind regards

Nicky Roos