[duxhelp] Re: paper size

  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:09:23 -0000

Hi David,

As Peter has intimated, the paper size issue is a decidedly
hairy one where the user is concerned.  Unlike the print
printer industry, braille embosser development, a minute
sector by comparison, appears to have gone off in various
tangents where paper handling is concerned.  Even embosser
escape sequences vary, not only between manufacturers, but
between various models, and in some cases even change
between firmware versions of the same model.

That said, I'm confident that not only is this issue at the
top of Duxbury's "To Do" list for the next version, but the
development of Microsoft's Vista is pretty much going to
impose standards on the hardware manufacturers.

All I can offer you at this time, is an assurance that we
(TVS that is) will do our absolute utmost to help you
resolve any problems which come up at the college.