[duxhelp] Re: paper size

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:42:57 -0000

Hi David,

The answer lies in a file called emb.elt which is found in
the \duxbury folder.

This can be edited with a text editor such as Notepad, but
do make sure you close DBT before you edit this.

If we take your Thiel Beta-X3 as an example, find the
following section in the file.  (The embossers are listed in
alphabetical manufacturer order)

You need to add a line to cover 13 inch deep paper as shown
below.

Just to explain.  115 x 130 are width and depth in tenths of
an inch.  Hence the 130 is critical.

42 x 32 is the maximum cells x lines, and 40 x 32 is the
recommended.

I'm not sure if 32 lines per page is correct for your page,
but you can change this accordingly.

I'd be happy to expand further on this if you'd like to give
me a call sometime.

George.

"Thiel Beta X3"
# *** Embosser definition unchanged since 11/24/2004
# esc ( esc / esc * esc 3 esc . esc 0 esc 1 (note not using
esc P/Q)
{
  Driver = "Emb_ThielEmbosserDriver"
  NoParallel
  NoLeftMargin
  NoTopMargin
  MaximumCells = 42
  MaximumLines = 26
  PageWrap
  UsingEscapeCodes
  Encoding = "display.cpt", "North American English"
  Encoding = "display.cpt", "German"
  Form "11_w" = 115 x 110 ; SinglePage ;42 x 26 ; 40 x 25
  Form "12_w" = 115 x 120 ; SinglePage ;42 x 29 ; 40 x 28
  Form "13_w" = 115 x 130 ; SinglePage ;42 x 32 ; 40 x 32