[duxhelp] Re: Slow display with 10.5 and 10.6

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:55:02 -0400

Yves,

I am familiar with the "slow display" problem, though I've never seen it
myself.

Nevertheless, it has been my belief that we've fixed this for DBT 10.6 SR1.
This is on of the principle reasons that I am endeavoring to get this
software shipping soon.

I've never known removal of DBT 10.6 to deactivate DBT 10.5.  And, in truth,
I'm not even sure how it could do so.  The installer for DBT 10.6 does not
contain any of the data that would be required to deactivate DBT 10.5.

Once either DBT 10.5 or DBT 10.6 has been installed and removed, it cannot
again be installed for a 45-day trial period.  This precludes starting over
"from scratch" in some sense.  Also, if you remove either DBT 10.5 or DBT
10.6 at a time when your internet connection (or ours) is not available,
then activating again after re-installation may be a problem.  There should
be a file placed on your desktop when this happens.  You should send the
file to activation@xxxxxxxxxx to have the problem resolved.  However, other
than these two issues, I'm not aware of any other impediment to software
removal and re-installation with either version.

Best Regards,

Peter