[duxhelp] Slow display with 10.5 and 10.6

  • From: "Yves DUNAND" <ydunand@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:07:05 +0100

Hello all,

With 10.5 we had already been confronted with this problem of "slow display"
on several of our machines running on Windows 2000. What happens is that
when you start writing in a dxp or dxb file, it can take a few seconds
before the text is actually displayed, which is much of a nuisance...

Now, what is even mor puzzling is that the same problem occurs, after
installing 10.6, on a machine where 10.5 was working fine. Besides, that
machine runs on Windows 98, unlike the first ones where the problem had
appeared which were running on 2000.

We are really in a dead end because when deactivating 10.6 to disinstall it,
10.5 was also deactivated and cannot be reactivated. So we reinstalled 10.6
and reactivated it, but nothing changed, which is not surprising since we
were not presented with any of the initial choices of a first installation.

Has anybody on the list encountered the same problem of "slow display" and
been able to fix it, and is there a way, when DBT has not been installed
properly for some reason, to disinstall it completely to start again from
scratch ?

thanks in advance for any reply on these very tricky issues

best regards

Yves