[dokuwiki] unittest

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 13:13:53 +0100

Hi,

I have finally got simpletest working in my php installation. I have taken a look at the current dokuwiki unit tests and come across a few things:

- PHP is generating some notices, I think mainly to do with more stringent error checking in PHP5, e.g. non-arrays in foreach, returning constants by reference. Would you like me to prepare patches for these (I did already do one)

- some tests don't work

init_getbaseurl, fails before test thinking meta directory isn't writable
common_clientIP, can't find test file, its a case issue with test file name
parser tests, missing events classes

etc.

Just having got simpletest working I am not too familiar with how the tests should be working. I guess they should all be responding with x test cases complete, x test cases pass, 0 fail.

If thats the case and these problems are caused by subsequent additions to DokuWiki, shall I attempt to fix them?
(e.g. the parser case, I can fix by requiring events.php for the test and adding an explicit global declaration for $EVENT_HANDLER). The tests still fail in two cases due to E_NOTICE. Should these be corrected also?

I can work through these as I try to become familiar with simpletest+dokuwiki and fix as many as I can....

Cheers,

Chris