[dokuwiki] Re: fckeditor plugin spellchecker

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 08:03:37 -0500

Myron Turner wrote:
Anika Henke wrote:
Myron Turner wrote:
I can think of a number of ways to determine language preference. You can assign each language preference to a dokuwiki group, check for the group at login and set a cookie which can then be checked in spellchecker.php.

Or if your users come from different countries you can determine country of origin of IP addresses using a free service from maxmind.com.

Just a side note: Deciding upon the language of the spellchecker depending on the language/location/preference of the user doesn't make much sense. ;-) It's the language of the *text* that's important!

Anika

Chantal's original question was about using a spellchecker in DokuWikiFCK. In the case of the FCKeditor, which is the basis for DokuWikiFCK, the spellchecker loads whatever dictionary is specified in a script on the server. The script has to know the language of the *text*, in order to specify the correct dictionary.

Myron

I should add that I agree with you, and the IP address solution may not really the best. But if a person asks to be placed in a particular language group, then we can assume that most of the time that will work and that the user will know not to bring up the spellchecker when not using his/her language selection.
--

Myron Turner