[dokuwiki] Re: bugfix or new feature: save button after every configuration section

  • From: "Gabriel Birke" <Gabriel.Birke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:52:47 +0100

dokuwiki-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> At 00:47 +0100 UTC, on 2008-03-27, Uwe Koloska wrote:
> I recognize the problem. It can be uncomfortable to have to
> scroll down for a Save button.
>
> However, multiple (duplicate) Save buttons tend be very
> confusing, because they can give the impression that they apply only to
that
> section.
>
> Balanced against the discomfort of having to scroll down (one
> or two loosely aimed slams on the Space Bar), scrolling seems
> the lesser of two bads.

Hi,

I just wanted to throw in some more thoughts. I agree with Sander -
multiple "Save" buttons will confuse the users.

Here are my suggestions:
- Links that reference an anchor at the bottom of the form
- Collapsible configuration sections (JavaScript needed)
- call form.submit when the user presses Ctrl+Enter (Cmd+Enter on Mac).
  This can be implemented with unobtrusive JavaScript.

Greetings,

Gabriel