[dokuwiki] Re: Sendmail -- do I have too? WAAAH!

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:00:18 -0500 (CDT)

> ssmtp looks like it's worth a go.  I'll give it half an hour, if I can find
> an RPM or a binary for Redhat/Fedora.
>  (Can I trust a Debian library to run on Fedora?  I don't think I want to
> risk that headache.)

I can't get past GO with ssmtp.  It appears to be a Debian-only thing.  The
binary RPMs I find are all for Debian and I can only find source packaged in
RPMs, and Fedora isn't unpacking these RPMs.

So I'm going ahead with PHPMailer.  Do we want a hack that people have to
reapply after each DokuWiki upgrade, or do we want to tweak DokuWiki itself a
bit to allow for a PHPMailer plugin?  I think I can keep the tweak pretty
simple.

~joe