[dokuwiki] Re: Line-break preservation in Wiki text

  • From: James <jvl-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:25:19 -0800

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 07:17:51 -0800, Todd Augsburger <todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chris,

Personally, I have no problem at all using thee "\\ " or "\\" syntax for
line breaks, as documented.

I agree with Todd - the "\\ " syntax offers better control; in exchange, I've had to train my users to not expect linebreaks for every carriage return. (I've found that wiki markup is _not_ easy for non-technical or non-programmer type users...)

In terms of having a "nicer" looking wiki source file, I did write myself a small syntax plugin so that lines ending with three consecutive spaces had the same behavior as the "\\ " syntax - kinda similar to Markdown, if you're familiar with it. It's merely a visual convenience, but I like it.

- James