[dokuwiki] Re: How to number headlines ?

  • From: Su <su@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 09:34:51 -0500

Michael Klier wrote:

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 10:12:28AM -0400, Bill Jones wrote:
   On 4/3/06, Serge Leblanc <serge.leblanc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

     Hello, I wish to number the titles of the chapters.  I tested the
     following order but that does not function.

     - ====headline 1====
     - ===subheadline 1===

     How to carry out that?

  1. headline 1

        1.1 subheadline 1
        1.2 subheadline 2

Maybe I missunderstood something... but you can number the chapters by hand

====== 1. Headline 1 ======
===== 1.2 Subheadline 1 =====
===== 1.2 Subheadline 2 =====

Well, I hope it's not /that/ simple! I've been biting my tongue this whole time *grin*
I suppose the assumption here is that Serge wants this to work like an unordered list. You add an item somewhere in the middle, and the numbers all shuffle themselves. Doing this manually sounds fine up front, but will quickly become annoying.