[dokuwiki] Re: How to number headlines ?

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 10:40:50 +0100

Andreas Gohr wrote:

Hi Chris!

Just a quick feedback. This sounds like an excellent idea. Unfortunately I'm busy this weekend so I can't do anything on DokuWiki. But feel free to start with these changes.

They are all implemented and running on my dev dokuwiki already. So a patch can be prepared anytime .... when other ideas like Esther's stop changing the requirements :-)

Esther Brunner wrote:
Maybe it might be better to save meta information in a separate file
data/meta/$id.meta (simply the serialised $meta array).
I have nothing against a new file. From the page rendering point of view, it would load both files, so it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference whether or not the information was in one or both.

And it would save coming up with complex strategies to try and read only the first bit of the file - if that is even feasible with serialised data.