[dokuwiki] Re: Help with DokuWiki as a school project

  • From: rezlemic@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 19:13:14 +0100

Hi,

Excerpts from Michael's message of 2011-02-25 16:08:20 +0100:

Excerpts from rezlemic's message of 2011-02-24 18:19:38 +0100:
[...]
I would like to ask you if you can help me with that. I would be glad
if you have something for me (develop a feature, finding and solving
bugs, solving any other issue).

There is our bugtracker at http://bugs.dokuwiki.org/, but from a short
look I couldn't find anything really useful for you. You can still try
to find something that sounds suited for you.

My work must have been dome till 21.4.2011, so I am limited by the
time. I may spend approximately 20-30 hours of net time on project. Do
you think you have somethink for me? I have to finish my project till
21.4.2011 and show my work to my lector, it must be a finished,
complete "feature". After passing my subject I can help you in the
future too.

That sounds great. Thank you for your interest in DokuWiki! There are
two ideas that come into my mind:

1-
We are currently preparing our application for the Google Summer of
Code. The not yet finished list of ideas can be found at
http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:gsoc#ideas. However they are aimed at GSOC
and thus more for 12 weeks than for 20-30 hours. Nevertheless there is
one idea that is still in the list but imho too small for GSOC:
http://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:ideas:remote_api. I might be wrong, but I
think this would fit into 20-30 hours. Have a look at
lib/exe/xmlrpc.php: There is very little in that dokuwiki_xmlrpc_server
class that is specific to XML-RPC: it's basically just that one call to
serve() and the error class.
[...]
2-
There is a jQuery rewrite in progress. However Pierre Spring who started
that rewrite currently hasn't the time for finishing it. You can find
his work at https://github.com/caillou/dokuwiki-jQuery (look at the
commits to get an impression what he has changed and what this rewrite
is about). [...]

thank you very much for your ideas! I will tomorrow look at the code properly, I will study these problems and I will tomorrow contact you, what I will be concerned in.

Best regards,
Michal