[dokuwiki] Re: H1 Tag automatically on every new page

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:09:13 +0100

Hi,

Excerpts from Usama Akkad's message of 2011-02-27 05:49:39 +0100:
> I've been reading about HTML heading recently.
> I think it would be useful if H1 Tag is inserted automatically on every
> new page with the title text, or to have the document title as the
> default text for the first heading.

You can do this by creating a file __template.txt in data/pages that
contains

====== @!!PAGE@ ======

For more details and options have a look at
http://www.dokuwiki.org/namespace_templates.

I don't think that making the heading button insert the title is a good
idea as most users will probably be surprised and irritated by that
behavior. Adding some kind of default template might be an idea (that
could also be implemented as plugin), but I think the way to go would
rather be to have an easy way for changing namespace templates. There
have been some suggestions for making the names of the templates
configurable, but unfortunately that patch had some problems and there
hasn't been any revised patch yet afaik.

Michael