[dokuwiki] Re: FCKW release 0.3 - wysiwyg even better ;)

  • From: Spring Pierre <pierre.spring@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:42:24 +0100

hi myron,

Pierre's distribution of fckw 3 contains version 2 of DokuWikiFCK, the Perl module which interprets much of the FCKeditor's graphics for use in DokuWiki. I am currently at version 6, which is significantly improved over version 2.

i think both our implementations of the dialect.pm [1] files are very different. i try to support a native dokuwiki insatallation. modifying the FCKeditor and the dialect.pm file to follow strictly the features of such native dokuwiki installation.

whereas your approach is to implement all features of a native FCKeditor in dokuwiki. which also reflects in your dialect.pm file

therefor our perl scripts are not interchangeable anymore (hence the change of name to DokuWikiFCKW.pm ;)

i'll just take one example, to point out the differences in approach:

if the fckeditor returns
    <tt>monosace</tt>

my dialect.pm file translates this into
    ''monospace''

yours translates it into

this is just one example. i think, after a great collaboration in the beginning, we went other ways ;)

greetings.
pierre.
==
[1] by dialect.pm file, i mean either your DokuWikiFCK.pm or my DokuWikiFCKW.pm dialect file ;)
--
Liip AG // Rte de la Fonderie 7 // CH-1700 Fribourg
Fon 026 4222511 // Key id 0x5BF5F8FA // www.liip.ch