[dokuwiki] Re: Dokuwiki in IE8

  • From: James Lin <guanfenglin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 23:02:38 +1200

> Strange how out of four people only one came up with a link that is the
> very first DokuWiki search result: http://search.dokuwiki.org/?q=ie8
> Even the normal Google search results in very useful first three links:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=dokuwiki+ie8
>
> Wes has even been contributing to the mailinglist thread that is Google's
> first result and which points to the bug report as well ...
>
> Sorry, I don't want to reprimand anyone, I'm just trying to help you to
> help yourself better.

Hi Anika,

Not meant to reprimand either, what you think it's easy/obvious might not be
the same for others

1st, if you type "internet explorer 8" in http://search.dokuwiki.org, it
won't give you give you the desire result.
2nd, not everyone uses google, eg there are people still using live search
from microsoft, so searching "dokuwiki ie8" won't give you the desire result
as well.

Regards

James