[dokuwiki] Re: Dokuwiki farm question

  • From: Karl Loncarek <dh2mll@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 19:34:13 +0200

Christopher Smith schrieb:

I guess the circumstances around your farm are unusual, which to me at least, makes it a poor case for justifying changes to dokuwiki core.
True.

Sorry, when I read "windows and not apache", I assumed IIS(*). I'm not at all familiar with the Abyss Webserver, but a quick google and glance at the website shows that it supports "url rewriting". Rewriting the incoming url allows you to map animals onto the farm. E.g.

Incoming:      http://sub.domain.tld/[animal]/doku.php
Rewritten to:  http://sub.domain.tld/doku.php?animal=[animal]
This would work for doku.php, but what about e.g. mediamanger.php and indexer.php?

Again, you're back to a single dokuwiki installation and using preload.php to choose the farmer/animal configuration based on an incoming value, $_GET['animal'].
Hmm, I have to try that. My only concerns then are about the helper scripts like indexer.php and mediamanager.php. Will those save/work within the correct directories?? Maybe I'm wrong, but Mediamanager would be called that way:

http://sub.domain.tld/lib/exe/mediamanager.php

which would lead to saving all uploaded files into the farmers "conf" directory instead of the animals "conf" directory. That is the same problem I'm facing currently. How let the helper scripts know which "conf" directory to use. preload.php would be the correct way as (almost) all of them load it through init.php.

I would have to set at least DOKU_CONF within preload.php, right?

- Chris