[dokuwiki] Re: DokuWiki breadcrumbs - trace versus youarehere

  • From: Greg Strnad <gerf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:06:23 -0400

The "you are here" navigation scheme works fine for me. I think what you're experiencing has to do with how the "you are here" scheme displays namespaces; it looks like your "Announcements" page is in the "wiki" namespace, which would cause that behavior. If you put Accouncements in the root namespace, then you shouldn't get any extra namespaces in your navbar.

Greg

Jason Keltz wrote:
Trace does what it's supposed to do, showing me a trace of where I have been. However, as you visit different pages, and the trace output scrolls around, it wouldn't start at the "Welcome" page. The "you are here" (hierarchical) type will include "wiki" in its listing even though I didn't explicitly go there like this:

Welcome > wiki > Announcements

Even if "wiki/start.txt" had existed, I wouldn't have wanted it to show the user the header because that's not the path the user took.

Is there any 'combination' of trace and "you are here" breadcrumb that let's the user see exactly where they are in the site, but starting from the first page in the site.

Jason.