[dokuwiki] Re: Core Features vs Plugins

  • From: Michael Klier <chi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 00:19:26 +0200

Jay Dickon Glanville wrote:
> My first thought on this subject is to be able to rename and move
> articles.  This is the one piece of functionality that I need to make
> DW full-featured.  It just feels, well, 'broken', that to move an
> article, I need to go through a multi-step procedure (make a new one,
> copy the contents over, delete the old contents, search for an
> articles that referenced the old article and update to the new
> article).

I agree with you that a page moving solution would be a great feature.

But - from what I think (I could be wrong though ;-)), it`s not yet
implemented because it's far more complex to implement for a flat file
based wiki system than just using the current manual multi-step
procedure.

> I just wish that there was a better tracking mechanism for the
> compatibility of the plugins -- but that's a different conversation.
> ;-)

This conversation was held on the ml a view month ago [1] ;-).

Regards
chi

[1] //www.freelists.org/archives/dokuwiki/02-2007/msg00063.html

--