[dokuwiki] Re: pagemove plugin [was: Re: Core Features vs Plugins]

  • From: "Gabriel Birke" <Gabriel.Birke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:28:30 +0200

> > There is a nice plugin named "pagemove" that works quite well: It moves
the
> > page to a new name or namespace, corrects all backlinks and corrects the
> > media links on the moved page. I even extended it to move the media
files
> > together with the page.
>
> Does it keep the history intact?

In the current version the metadata and history is not moved when moving
pages to a namespace that doesn't exist yet. I fixed that and sent the
author a patch. I can send it to everyone who is interested.

After some tests I would say that pagemove is even compatible with the
2007-06-26 realease of DokuWiki: Pages and their history/metadata get moved
without a hitch.

The only thing it doesn't do (regardless of the wiki version) is rebuidling
the index, so the search might get out of date.

Greetings,

Gabriel